Skip to main content

Be your best self

 


'Kilimanjaro is a snow-covered mountain that is 19,710 feet high and is said to be the highest mountain in Africa .....close to the western summit there is the dried and frozen carcass of a leopard. No one has explained what the leopard was seeking at that altitude.'                                                            

    - Ernest Hemingway

When I were in my senior secondary I read this  in one of  my book .. there were two  points in this passage which drew my attention and they were 

(a) The behavior of the leopard was purposive , he was trying to find out something by climbing on the snow-covered peak.

(b)  What the leopard was actually seeking

But one thing is sure that there was some source of motivation behind such action. Motivation is the main determinant  of an individual's behavior.

 Motivation is made of word "motive'. Motive is a combination of thought,, feeling or condition that causes one to act.

Motive can be for a log period or a short period of time.  If a child takes a colorful ball ,or toy, then we say that his motive for the first ball was for a short period. But if a player wants to win gold medals at the international level and he/she works hard for years to get the gold medal , we say that his/her motive is for a log period.

Human behavior is controlled ,directed and modified through certain motives. when a person feels hungry and searches for food, we say that he/she is motivated by his /her drive i.e.,  biological drive. When he/she gets food and is satisfied ,we say that his /her drive for food has been satisfied .

Motivation means to be inspired to do something . It is the inner condition of the individual that initiates or directs its behavior towards its goal .

There are two types of motivation :

(i) Intrinsic motivation - It occurs when people are compelled to do something out of pleasure ,importance or desire . Motivation is always intrinsic when it comes from within. 

(ii) Extrinsic motivation - It occurs when external factors compel the person to do something. It has been found that factors like cash, punishment, blame etc. motivate some persons more strongly than others.

Techniques of motivation

Motivational Music-  

It is particularly  a good way to  motivate one. (it's mine favourite : listening to BTS when i'm down and i need motivation is very relaxing and the also their perspective on life is very different: if nay army is reading this blog they know what i mean 💜)


Positive attitude -

For proper motivation, one should try to encourage himself/herself by keeping positive attitude. They should  lay on 'can be' mindset. Champions feet and hands are not made of  gold ; they are also made up of bones and flesh. But the only thing which makes them different from others is they never give up they don't admit defeat easily. 

Positive self-talk - 

Positive self-talk is a technique that can be used to enhance motivation. With proper's  repetition of self-talk can change a one's belief system.  MOHAMMAD ALI , the world famous boxer of  USA used to apply this  technique. He used to repeat, " I am the greatest ". He repeated claim that his opponents believed it.

Praise or Blame - 

 Praise and blame are effective factors of motivation if given at a proper time and in appropriate amount. Sometimes, if blame is given at improper time can be dangerous. Due to individual differences, the effect of these factors my vary according to individual's nature. 

But these all are not gonna work if you are not even going to try, your limit is only your mind ,only reading and not implementing these things is not gonna lead you anywhere.

DON'T WISH FOR IT WORK FOR IT



You'll find ample of blogs on motivation topic on how to be always motivated but they all are not beneficial if you are not implementing them in your real life.

Always remember The goal is to grow so strong on the inside that nothing can affect your inner wellness without your conscience permission.


Thankyou so much for reading til' the end.

Stay tuned for more blogs until' then 

Stay chirpy Stay content 

💛XOXO💛


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF AN "EURO"

Last time i shared  THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A HORSE   and i got  an exceptional response . So i'm back again with a new autobiography and this time an Euro wants to unfold its tale . so lets begin, As soon as i entered this fascinating world i was looked upon with great expectations. The world was full of racism yet i was held in high esteem . People from the United States of America to Antarctica looked at me as i  soon  rolled out from the parentage of Europeans. Since economists, raging bulls and bears did not know much about me, i caught the apprehension of my parents , the share market holders, the financial experts ,scholars, students and so on. On my birth i was placed on the lap of my mother , The Federal Bank . Frankly , my brother, Lira , my sister and my extended family members like the Deutsche Mark and the Yen were quite jealous of me . I know my worth. I reveal this secret of mine . I am a form of money held or traded outside the country , in whose currency its value is

THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A HORSE

  Hello friends ! My name is Tori , and i am a horse .As i am getting old, i m thinking to write my autobiography to live life again   Now that i am getting old and stiff in the joints, i like to mediate while grazing in this pasture,on my foal days. I think that was the happiest part of my life. I had no work to do, and could not run about after my mother, who was a fine white Arab mare, without any restraint  . Most of my time was spent in the fields, where i nibbled the tender grass and capered about,while my mother was steadily grazing But that could not last forever.when i was old enough,the trainer came and , to my great indignation ,fastened a long rope to my head and then began me drive round and round in circles with his long whip. I was frightened and angry,but he went on till i was so tired so that i can scarcely stand .However, my mother told me that it was no use my resisting , and to make a long story short, I was at last thoroughly trained as a Riding-horse.   ''

Fundamentals of Laughter Yoga

Whatever happens to the mind happens to the body as well.This is easily understood and observed too. If a person is sad or depressed , his body also appears quite lifeless and sluggish. Such a person doesn't walk or talk enthusiastically. But, what most people fail to understand  is that the opposite is also true .  The most important principle behind Laughter Yoga or the most significant driving force behind the several Laughter Clubs is the  theory that Motion Creates Emotion . Quite a few people wonder how a person can laugh when he is in no mood to laugh or when one doesn't have any reason to laugh . However' the reason is very simple . For, there is a well established link between the mind and the body.  Laughter is all about playfulness. In  Laughter Clubs , members develop positive conditioning of joy. By laughing together over a period of time , clapping in rhythm , chanting "HO HO HA HA" in unison and positive affirmations like "VERY GOOD VERY GOOD Y