Skip to main content

15 words to strengthen your English vocabulary

Without giving any extra description about what i'm writing today i'll just come to the business so today i have prepared a list of 15 words which can strengthen your english vocab so let's start ; 

DESPICABLE -[duh-spi-kuh-bl

  • awful

For example- Don't pick your nose in the public , that's a despicable behaviour.

FABULIST - [Fab-Uh-list]

  • a person who composes or relates fables

For example- Though he never planned to be a fabulist, Ramy enjoys wriitng fairy tales and fables.

INFALLIBLE - [uhn-fa-luh-bl]

  • incapable of making mistakes
  • free from mistakes,defeats  and failure

For example- Smith will be leading this new project soon . As his last projects were infallible .

SLOB - [slob]

  • a lazy and unhealthy person

For example- What a slob !

TRUEPENNY -  

  • A trusty , honest fellow

For example- It's difficult to meet a person who's truepenny nowadays.

YESTREEN

  • During yesterday evening

For example- "I were reading novels yetsreen" said my brother .

WAGGISH - [wag-ish]

  •  someone who is mischievous and humorous person

For example- The waggish students played computer games when they were taken to do the computer lab to learn the basics of the computer.

CONTAGION -[kuhn-tei-jn]

  •  the situation in which a disease is spread by touching someone or something.

For example- The doctor says that the contagion of corona virus is increasing exponentially.

CAJOLE -[kuh-jowl]

  •  persuade(someone) to so something by flattery

For example- He hoped to cajole his boss so that he can get the project.

DEMURE -[duh-myuor]

  • modest, reserved and shy

For example-  My brother is  a demure person.

PROLIX -[prow-luhks]

  • a text or speech that contains too many words and therefore making it boring or difficult to understand .

For example- The speech by the principal at the annual function was so prolix that half the students left the event. 

ADROIT -[uh-droit]

  • Intelligent, clever or skillful in thinking or moving

For example- The teacher was adroit in dealing with the mischievous students.

EMACITY -

  • desire for buying things

For example- Most of my friends experienced emacity when we were in the college.

PRINK -

  • To spend time infront of  mirror looking at one's appearance  and making adjustments to oneself.

For example- My brother spent half n hour pricking about his appearance just to go for dinner .

BEAMISH -

  • A person who's optimistic, and cheerful .

For example- a beamish person is full of smiles.


[P.S. Thank you so much for giving so much love to my these blogs Personality-related words and IDIOMS  , if you want to read them just click on them👈 ]

Thank you so much for reading til' the end.

Stay tuned for more blogs until' then 

Stay chirpy Stay content 

💛XOXO💛




 

Comments

  1. it is being quite interesting to read those words
    and just tell me how you put the google translator in your blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF AN "EURO"

Last time i shared  THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A HORSE   and i got  an exceptional response . So i'm back again with a new autobiography and this time an Euro wants to unfold its tale . so lets begin, As soon as i entered this fascinating world i was looked upon with great expectations. The world was full of racism yet i was held in high esteem . People from the United States of America to Antarctica looked at me as i  soon  rolled out from the parentage of Europeans. Since economists, raging bulls and bears did not know much about me, i caught the apprehension of my parents , the share market holders, the financial experts ,scholars, students and so on. On my birth i was placed on the lap of my mother , The Federal Bank . Frankly , my brother, Lira , my sister and my extended family members like the Deutsche Mark and the Yen were quite jealous of me . I know my worth. I reveal this secret of mine . I am a form of money held or traded outside the country , in whose currency its value is

THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF A HORSE

  Hello friends ! My name is Tori , and i am a horse .As i am getting old, i m thinking to write my autobiography to live life again   Now that i am getting old and stiff in the joints, i like to mediate while grazing in this pasture,on my foal days. I think that was the happiest part of my life. I had no work to do, and could not run about after my mother, who was a fine white Arab mare, without any restraint  . Most of my time was spent in the fields, where i nibbled the tender grass and capered about,while my mother was steadily grazing But that could not last forever.when i was old enough,the trainer came and , to my great indignation ,fastened a long rope to my head and then began me drive round and round in circles with his long whip. I was frightened and angry,but he went on till i was so tired so that i can scarcely stand .However, my mother told me that it was no use my resisting , and to make a long story short, I was at last thoroughly trained as a Riding-horse.   ''

Fundamentals of Laughter Yoga

Whatever happens to the mind happens to the body as well.This is easily understood and observed too. If a person is sad or depressed , his body also appears quite lifeless and sluggish. Such a person doesn't walk or talk enthusiastically. But, what most people fail to understand  is that the opposite is also true .  The most important principle behind Laughter Yoga or the most significant driving force behind the several Laughter Clubs is the  theory that Motion Creates Emotion . Quite a few people wonder how a person can laugh when he is in no mood to laugh or when one doesn't have any reason to laugh . However' the reason is very simple . For, there is a well established link between the mind and the body.  Laughter is all about playfulness. In  Laughter Clubs , members develop positive conditioning of joy. By laughing together over a period of time , clapping in rhythm , chanting "HO HO HA HA" in unison and positive affirmations like "VERY GOOD VERY GOOD Y